Thank you, again, for attending our 2nd annual Masquerade 5K! Please email the race director firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about these race results.
About the Race
Ready… Set…Let’s Go! It’s time for our 2nd Masquerade 5K Run/Walk/Roll!
This is a costume run so don’t forget to dress up in your favorite character or any other costume idea. Please do not wear anything scary or that is not family friendly.
What’s the race for?
The purpose of this race is fund the many growing needs of LCA like technology, an athletic gymnasium…etc.
There are 3 races to choose from:
- 5K – $25.00 until noon on October 27th. Then it goes up to $30.00. This run includes a time chipped race number and a t-shirt.
- 1 Mile fun run – $10.00 until noon on October 27th. Then it goes up to $15.00. This run includes a printed race number. It does not include a t-shirt.
- Virtual 5K – $35.00 until midnight on October 27th. This run includes a printed race number and a T-Shirt.
The following is some important information about the race:
- Richlands Town Hall – 302 N Wilmington St, Richlands, NC 28574
- The 5K race will begin promptly at 8:00am.
- The 1 Mile fun run will begin at 8:45am.
Race Course Info:
This is an “Out and Back” course. 5K runners will run a mile and a half out looping around a small city block and then run back to the finish line. However, please note that on the way back there is one street turn that is different. Look for a sign which reads, “Finish Line This Way!” in order to take the correct street back to the finish line. The 1 mile fun runners will run a half a mile out and then a half a mile back to the finish line.
Course maps are available below. They will be also be available at the Registration table on the day of the race.
- Early Pick-up: Friday, October 27 from 3:00pm – 6:30pm by the front door of Liberty Christian Academy. The address is 215 Kinston Hwy Richlands, NC 28574.
- Race Day Pick-up: At the registration table on Saturday, Oct 28, 6:30AM – 7:15 AM
Free Parking is available at the race site. However, space is at a premium and we want to create as small of a foot print as possible. We ask that runners carpool if at all possible. However, we understand that this may not be possible, so runners may park at Richlands High School and at the Richlands Library.
Gear check will be available to free of charge. Please do not check items of high value. Liberty Christian Academy is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Your Bib number must be shown to claim your items.
Directions to Race Site:
Take HWY 258 North heading to Richlands, NC. The Richlands Town Hall is on the corner of N. Wilmington Street and HWY 258. The Town Hall is also the Police Station so there will be police cars visible off to the side.
Please tell your friends, family members, and co-workers that there is still to sign up for the race!
Awards are going to be in the form of medals and will be given to the top 3 runners in the following co-ed categories:
- Top 3 fastest runners in the overall race
- Fastest runners for the following age categories:
61 and up
Thank you for your choosing to partner with us!
Your donation helps to defray the cost of organizing the event. Funds received from donors are used to purchase t-shirts for registered race participants, awards, and complimentary drinks and snacks for each race participant and volunteers. Any additional money from donors will go toward our fundraising goal of $80,000.
Our Masquerade 5K Run/Walk will be so much better because of you! Please click on the button above and fill out the Donor form.
About the Race
Ready… Set…Let’s Go! It’s time for our 2nd Annual fall fundraiser – The Masquerade 5K Run/Walk!
You can meet your Capital Fund Fee goal by using one or all of following means:
- Ask friends, family members, or even you can sign up for the our 5K ($25) or 1 mile ($10) run/walk which will take place on October 28th, 2017. When you sign up via the Chronotrack website, please be sure to write your student’s name when prompted on the site: https://register.chronotrack.com/r/32487.
- Solicit sponsors to donate money to your pledge goal using this pledge sheet: http://liberty-academy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/5K-Pledge-Sheet-1.pdf
- Become or solicit a race Donor (For donor information call the LCA office or download the form at http://liberty-academy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/5K-Donor-Levels.pdf
(Please make checks payable to Liberty Christian Academy.)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the event director at: email@example.com .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can we move the 1 mile fun run to 8:45am instead of 8:05am so parents could run in the 5K and watch their student run the 1 mile, also? Answer is being researched. Answer: Yes, the 1 mile has been moved to 8:45am.
- If we sign up for the Virtual run because the sports tournaments are the same weekend, may we run at the 5K if it turns out that students will not be attending the tournament?
Answer: Yes, however, you will need to be at the race no later than 7:15am to get your bib and to activate the chip. If you show up after that time, you will not be able to race. The race bib chips take up to 45 minutes to activate. The time of 7:15am has been set by the timing company.
- Do run sign-ups through Chronotrack count towards my Capital Fund Fee? Yes!
- Do any donors (Platinum and other Level Donors) I secure for the race count towards my Capital Fund Fee? Yes!
- How many runners do we currently have signed up for the race? 3
We need your help! Please talk to your friends, family, and coworkers about signing up!
If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to email the event director at: firstname.lastname@example.org .